Note: Our course modules work best on the latest version of Google Chrome. If your course is not loading, update your browser and/or check your internet connectivity as a first step.
2020 Emergency Response Guidebook
The Emergency Response Guidebook was developed by Transport Canada, the US Department of Transportation and the Secretariat of Transport and Communications of Mexico, with help from the Centro de Informaciòn Quìmica para Emergencias of Argentina. This guidebook is for anyone who may be first to arrive at a transportation incident involving dangerous goods.
This guide will help first responders:
- identify hazards based on the material involved in a transportation incident
- protect themselves and the public during the initial response to an incident
This guide is designed for dangerous goods incidents on a highway or rail line. It may be less useful at fixed-facility locations, on aircrafts or vessels.
This guide does not:
- include information on the physical or chemical properties of dangerous goods
- replace emergency response training, knowledge, and good judgment
- address every possible factor related to a dangerous goods incident
Take the time to read the guidebook before using it in an emergency!
*numerically indexed and color coded to help emergency responders find information
* helps satisfy 49 CFR 172.602-DOT requirement that hazardous materials shipments be accompanied by emergency response information
Dimensions: 4" x 5.5"