Note: Our course modules work best on the latest version of Google Chrome. If your course is not loading, update your browser and/or check your internet connectivity as a first step.
This course is enabled with
What is LearnerVerified™?
LearnerVerified™ ensures that online courses and exams are completed by the right person. It's a layer of defensible security that can be added to any course.Visit LearnerVerified™
Each online course can use a variety of technologies, in addition to those required by LearnerVerified™. You may need to download or enable additional plugins.
Please note that if you're a training manager, your learners will need to use a compatible device. If your own device isn't compatible, your learners may still meet the requirements.
Ground Disturbance Level II® – Alberta – LearnerVerified™
Get Same Day Certified in Industry Recognized Ground Disturbance Level II® - Alberta Training
Get the industry-recognized Ground Disturbance online course from Danatec and Global Training Centre to meet all Ground Disturbance certification requirements. Training is available for initial or re-certification, and you can take the class on your own time, with features that make learning fun every step of the way!
Global Training Centre and Danatec Educational Services Ltd. joint online training program has been assessed to the USP Ground Disturbance 201 Standard (AB) and is endorsed by Utility Safety Partners. The former endorsing body was the ABCGA.
Ground Disturbance is for any party that is supervising a ground disturbance, independently performing a ground disturbance, or issuing and receiving ground disturbance permits. The Ground Disturbance Level II® - Alberta online course centers around 3 logical modules to ensure that personnel are familiar with, and fully understand, all best practices and regulations involved when a ground disturbance takes place.
- Learn everything from pre-planning to close out
- Focus on damage prevention
- Learn to clarify sources when searching for underground facilities
- Gain an understanding of approvals/crossing agreements and regulations needed before a ground disturbance
- Understand line locating
Course content includes 3D animated scenarios, expert character guideposts, interactive learning exercises, competency quiz questions, a full glossary and toolbox of regulations, codes, guides, a module designed to provide the requirements specific to Alberta, and a defensible final exam.
Receive a printable industry recognized certificate along with a Digital Badge upon completion. Certification is valid for 3 years and is non-transferable.
Additional Course Features:
- • Live support Monday to Friday, 7 am to 5 pm MST
- • Interesting and engaging learning content created by industry experts
- • Same day certification, begin your training in minutes
- • Self-paced/Available 24/7
- • Mobile/Tablet compatible
- • Easily accessible—a stored record of training is available that can be shared if needed for auditing purposes or proof of certification
Looking for corporate pricing? Have a WHMIS question? Speak to one of our safety experts, free of charge, email us at email@example.com or call us toll-free at 1-800-465-3366.
Looking for... Ground Disturbance Level II® - British Columbia?
Looking for... Ground Disturbance Awareness?
Looking for... Ground Disturbance Best Practices?
This course was built in three logical modules:
Ground Disturbance Level I
- Introduction to Ground Disturbance Level I
- Damage Prevention: Who, How, and Why?
- What is Ground Disturbance?
- My Role as a Ground Disturber
- Understanding the Hazards
Ground Disturbance Level II
- Introduction to Ground Disturbance Level II
- Damage Prevention Stakeholders
- Why Do Hits Occur?
- Pre-Job Planning
- Searching the Area
- Locating and Marking
- Executing the Ground Disturbance Safely
- Completing the Ground Disturbance
- Exercise – Conducting a Ground Disturbance
Ground Disturbance Level II - Alberta Jurisdictional Module
Ground Disturbance Level II - Alberta Final Exam (A mark of 80% must be achieved in order to receive a certificate of completion. Participants are able to repeat the course a total of 3 attempts if passing mark not achieved.)