Note: Our course modules work best on the latest version of Google Chrome. If your course is not loading, update your browser and/or check your internet connectivity as a first step.
WHMIS (GHS) Self-Teach® Book
Danatec’s award winning, industry recognized WHMIS Self-Teach Training book program is for initial or re-certification training. The Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS), Canada’s national hazard communication standard, has incorporated the Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labeling of Chemicals (GHS); an internationally recognized standard for hazard classification and communication. This student book has been revised to include only current WHMIS requirements, without reference to 1988 regulations.
This course meets all of Health Canada’s training requirements under the Hazardous Products Regulations (HPR), for all persons involved in handling workplace chemicals.
Danatec’s WHMIS Self-Teach course book includes two new workplace incident stories, with new and refreshed illustrations in a contemporary design. Written in simple language, the exercises, examples and practical workplace exercises in Danatec’s Self-Teach training manual will engage the adult learner and make for an interesting and educational learning experience. Our courses focus on elements that ensure the information is understood, retained and easily resourced. Each package includes training materials for one person: a Self-Teach manual, a final exam that the employer marks, a sample SDS, sample supplier label, competency check, practical workplace exercises for site specific training and a certificate.
This training is meant to be used as independent study and allows students to go at their own pace. It works well in small or large groups and provides room for discussion and site specific training. This award winning program is used by Canada’s largest and most recognized companies.
WHMIS Self-Teach Book Features:
- Industry recognized, WHMIS Training and certificate
- Easy to follow and read training manual for one person
- Live support Mon-Friday, 7am to 5pm MST
- Interesting and engaging learning content created by industry experts
- Same day certification, begin your training in minutes
- Stop and stop at your convenience
- Have a WHMIS questions? Speak to one of our safety experts, free of charge, call us toll free at 1-800-465-3366.
The course answers these five questions:
- Where can I get information about this product?
- What are the hazards of the product?
- How can I use it safely?
- What should I do if something goes wrong?
- What are my rights and responsibilities?