Note: Our course modules work best on the latest version of Google Chrome. If your course is not loading, update your browser and/or check your internet connectivity as a first step.
NORM Worker Online Training
|10 - 24||5.0% off||$118.70|
|25 - 49||10.0% off||$112.46|
|50 +||15.0% off||$106.21|
The NORM worker training is comprised of two modules:
Module 1 is the NORM Awareness Training where the learner is provided a basic overview of what NORM is, its hazards, and how to protect themselves.
Module 2 covers basic safe work practices, including what PPE to use and what procedures should be implemented.
After completing ALARA's NORM Worker Training, the learner will know:
- Common NORM collection points in the oil & gas industry
- The difference between NORM exposures from sealed and unsealed equipment
- Typical PPE requirements for the different NORM areas
- Basic NORM procedures and how to prevent the spread of contamination, including:
- NORM training
- Screening of equipment
- NORM signage
- NORM areas and flagging
- Tagging NORM equipment
- Sealing open equipment
- NORM change tents
- Frisking of tools for contamination
- Frisking of workers for contamination
- Decontamination of workers
- Basic radiation hygiene