Note: Our course modules work best on the latest version of Google Chrome. If your course is not loading, update your browser and/or check your internet connectivity as a first step.
IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations (DGR) for Passenger Handling Personnel
For personnel listed in Appendix H 6.5 of the IATA DGR | Persons responsible for accepting passenger and crew baggage, managing aircraft boarding areas and other tasks involving direct passenger contacts at an airport.
A safe and efficient air transport system is dependent on a competent workforce, meaning that you must be trained in the functions for which you are responsible – whether or not this is noted in your job title. IATA recognizes that this is best achieved through a Competency Based Training and Assessment approach (CBTA), and therefore this course has been designed following the new Dangerous Goods Training Guidelines on CBTA principles in the IATA DGR appendix H.
This interactive course will guide you in the tasks and responsibilities to ensure that you are competent to perform your job function in compliance with the provisions of the IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations (DGR) - appendix H 6.5 (Persons responsible for accepting passenger and crew baggage, managing aircraft boarding areas and other tasks involving direct passenger contacts at an airport), fulfil your dangerous goods training requirements and be in full compliance with the regulations.
This e-learning course requires approximately 4 hours of study to be completed in 6 months from the purchase date (enrollment validity). After the enrollment validity expires, the users will not have access to the course content and will not be able to take the exam.
Student performance will be based on an examination.
What you will learn?
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Identify and classify dangerous goods
- Interpret hazard communication
- Detect hidden dangerous goods in cargo and mail
- Accept passenger and crew baggage
- Explain the basic Emergency Response procedures
- Understanding the basics of dangerous goods
- Recognizing dangerous goods
- Identifying forbidden and hidden dangerous goods
- Apply operator’s requirements in acceptance of baggage
- Report dangerous goods incidents and undeclared dangerous goods
Who should attend?
- Airline, airport and ground handling passenger handling staff
- Airline and airport staff at transfer desk
- Operations managers and frontline supervisors of passengers handling
Upon successful completion of the exam/assessment, you will be awarded a Certificate that you can print for your records. This certificate is valid for 24 months.
- Non-supervised online-based exam. Exam can be taken any time at your convenience.
- You will be given 75 minutes to complete 30 multiple choice questions.
- Passing grade is 80% correct answers.
- You will be given 2 attempts to successfully complete the final exam
Please note that access to the current IATA DGR is required to complete the exam.