Note: Our course modules work best on the latest version of Google Chrome. If your course is not loading, update your browser and/or check your internet connectivity as a first step.
IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations (DGR) for Handling and Loading Personnel
For personnel listed in Appendix H 6.4 of the IATA DGR | Persons responsible for handling cargo in warehouse, loading and loading unit load device, and loading and unloading cargo compartments.
A safe and efficient air transport system is dependent on a competent workforce, meaning that you must be trained in the functions for which you are responsible – whether or not this is noted in your job title. IATA recognizes that this is best achieved through a Competency Based Training and Assessment approach (CBTA), and therefore this course has been designed following the new Dangerous Goods Training Guidelines on CBTA principles in the IATA DGR appendix H.
This interactive course will guide you in the tasks and responsibilities to ensure that you are competent to perform your job function in compliance with the provisions of the IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations (DGR) - appendix H 6.4 (Persons responsible for handling cargo in warehouse, loading and loading unit load device, and loading and unloading cargo compartments), fulfil your dangerous goods training requirements and be in full compliance with the regulations.
This course requires approximately 6 hours of study to be completed in 6 months from the purchase date (enrollment validity). After the enrollment validity expires, the users will not have access to the course content and will not be able to take the exam. Student performance will be based on an examination
What you will learn?
- Identify and classify dangerous goods
- Interpret hazard communication
- Detect hidden dangerous goods in cargo and mail
- Implement cargo pre-loading procedures
- Implement transporting, loading and unloading
- cargo/baggage to and from aircraft
- Explain the basic Emergency Response procedures
- Understanding the basics of dangerous goods
- Recognizing dangerous goods
- Plan and prepare loading for aircraft
- Report dangerous goods accidents
- Manage dangerous goods pre and during flight
Who should attend?
- Freight forwarder staff involved in the handling, storage and loading of cargo, mail or stores
- Operator and ground handling agent staff involved in the handling, storage and loading of cargo, mail or stores
- Airline and cargo training specialists
- Operations managers and frontline supervisors
Upon successful completion of the exam/assessment, you will be awarded a Certificate that you can print for your records. This certificate is valid for 24 months.
- Non-supervised online-based exam. Exam can be taken any time at your convenience.
- You will be given 75 minutes to complete 30 multiple choice questions.
- Passing grade is 80% correct answers.
- You will be given 2 attempts to successfully complete the final exam
Please note that access to the current IATA DGR is required to complete the exam.