Note: Our course modules work best on the latest version of Google Chrome. If your course is not loading, update your browser and/or check your internet connectivity as a first step.
IATA Airport Emergency Response Awareness
Airports have an obligation to coordinate multi-agency activities in emergency or crisis situations. Internal communication is essential for aligned and proper care and assistance to affected persons. All members of staff are exposed to emergency situations and may have a role in the coordinated response. Experience has shown that shock and confusion are one of the inefficacies discovered after such incidents. All the employees may have a role in case of emergency even it if is not a part of the initial plan. This e-learning course makes you as a member of the “airport community” understand the main components of an Emergency Response and illustrates how its challenges can be coped with.
Course format This e-learning course requires approximately 2 hours of study to be completed in 6 months from the purchase date (enrollment validity). After the enrollment validity expires, the users will not have access to the course content and will not be able to take the exam.
Student performance will be based on an online examination.
What you will learn?
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Describe responsibilities, roles and functions of organizations involved in responding to emergencies or crises
- Describe the basic Humanitarian Response facilities provided at airports
- Recognize fundamental needs and requirements of directly affected persons and demonstrate empathetic communications
- Act as trustable member of the “airport community” in the initial hours following an occurrence
- Explain the most common used definitions, abbreviations and terminology
- Differentiate between “response”, “recovery” and “Business Continuity”
- Emergency and Crisis Management Fundamentals
- Types and phases of emergencies
- Responsibilities, roles and tasks
- Immediate Accident Response
- Recovery and Business Continuity
- Humanitarian Response
Who should attend?
This course is recommended for:
- All Airport Operators’ personnel
- Airline Station Staff
- All Ground Service Providers’ personnel
- Agencies such as Rescue and Fire Fighting, Police, Security, Medical Services
Upon successful completion of the exam, you will be awarded an e-Certificate available for you to print for your records.
- Non-supervised online-based exam. Exam can be taken any time at your convenience.
- You will be given 1.5 hours to complete 30 multiple choice questions.
- Passing grade is 70% correct answers.
- You will be given 2 attempts to successfully complete the final exam.