Basic Security Guard Training
Start Training Today! Become a Security Guard
Step 1 - Take Security Guard Training - Pass our Approved Training Course - Register by clicking Buy Now on the Left. The course teaches you about security, patrol tactics, the law, customer service, how to keep yourself and other safe and much more.
Step 2 - Pass the Exam - We will help you book and prep for the exam.
Step 3 - Apply for your License - We can provide all the information you need.
Why Train with us?
→ Basic and Advanced Training
→ Instant Course Access
→ Register Quickly
→ Train from Home
→ Large Job Market
→ Mobile Friendly
→ Take on any device
→ Government Approved
→ Exam Booking Help
To write your provincial exam, and become a licensed security guard, students are required to take government approved 33.5 hour training. We understand that the best security guards master the basics and build from a solid foundation of training. While other courses might rush to get you to your first job unprepared, we know that a confident, competent security guard keeps themselves and others safe. Poorly trained guards can risk themselves, and others on the job. With our training, you'll master the basics, but also learn advanced patrol techniques, how to handle difficult people and situations and crisis management.
Get Training in:
- Role of a Security Guard
- The Law and Your Rights and Responsibilities
- Crowd Control
- Powers of Arrest
- Dealing with Angry and/or Disturbed People
- Patrol Techniques
- Use of Force
- First Aid and much more. See below for more information.
Online Training means begin training as soon as you register. You'll learn at your own speed and finish whenever you want. You can access your course 24/7 day or night, 7 days a week. And when you are ready, write your licensing exam.
What kind of jobs can you get with a security licence?
With a valid Security License you will be qualified for a variety of positions including:
- Airport Security
- Mall Security
- Personal and Executive Protection
- Night Club or Bar “bouncer”
- Loss Prevention Security
- Special Event Security
- Mobile Patrol
- Security Guard Companies
- Alberta (ABST)
- Manitoba (MBCTP)
- Saskatchewan (SBST)
- Ontario (MCSCS Approved)
We have been training security guards since 2007 and our modern platform, engaging content and interactive course will teach you everything you need to know to prepare for and pass the course and the exam. Additionally, we can provide a supplemental study guide for you - AT NO ADDITIONAL COST to help you understand what you need to know.
↖ CLICK BUY NOW ON THE LEFT HAND SIDE TO GET STARTED.
Our Security Guard Training program combines video elements, quizzes and interactive elements to keep you exciting and engaged with the course. While the course material takes 40 hours, because the course is 100% ONLINE you learn at your own pace. When you are ready to write the exam, we will help you book it. Don't feel required to attend a classroom, learn from home on any device you own. At the end of each section, there will be a short quiz to ensure you retain the information.
Exam price not included with basic course. Exam is included in the → fast track bundle.
1. INTRODUCTION TO THE SECURITY INDUSTRY
Learn about the history of security, your role and responsibilities.
2. SAFETY AWARENESS AND FIRST AID
Being able to assess risks, fix them or help those in need is a vital skill for a licensed security guard.
3. CONDUCT OF SECURITY
Fundamentals of becoming a security guard. How do you work with your department to help those in need, managing difficult situations and people, observing body language and much more.
4. THE LEGAL SYSTEM
As a security guard, you'll need to understand how the legal system works not only for your role, but for others around you.
5. ACCESS CONTROLS AND ALARM SYSTEMS
If you are working as a security officer, it's vital you understand how to keep people and property safe. This includes managing and responding to alarm systems, and ensuring that only people who are supposed to be in area are.
6. PATROL TACTICS AND TECHNIQUES What is the best way to keep an area safe and ensure that you watch everywhere. In this chapter, you'll learn the best patrol tactics, and hone your observational skills.
7. CRISIS RESPONSE What if the worst happens? Security guards must remain calm and ensure that situations are managed logically and without emotion. The best way to do this is to ensure you understand your role in emergency situations and have a solid plan.
8. TRAFFIC CONTROL Many security officers work in areas with parking lots or handle traffic issues. Ensure that you keep pedestrians and motorists safe by knowing the best way to manage traffic situations.
9. LABOR DISPUTES You may need to manage strikes and labor disputes. Your role will be to keep employees and property safe during this stressful time.
10. INTERACTING WITH THE PUBLIC Public relations and customer service is a vital aspect of your job as a security guard. Many people will use you as a resource to know where to go and how to get there.
11. NOTE TAKING AND REPORT WRITING While working as a guard, you'll need to write reports and make notes about situations and people you see. Being clear and understandable is a skill we will help you get.
12. FINAL EXAM - This exam prepares you for the provincial exam - there is no limit on the time you can take to complete it. And if you need to, go back and study it before your licensing exam.