Business Development Manager.
We’re looking for our next Danatecer… You are excited by the opportunity to learn the safety compliance and regulatory challenges facing businesses in Alberta. You are a hunter. You understand how to navigate organizations to get directly in touch with decision makers. You embrace consultative selling. You want to deeply understand potential clients’ businesses and the challenges facing them, and genuinely want to help them.
Danatec is looking for an ambitious, engaging relationship builder to join our Calgary office as our Business Development Associate. The successful candidate will play a key role in hunting for new business – especially ‘big game’. This is an opportunity to live and breathe occupational health and safety, an industry of utmost importance in Alberta, through a fast-growing organization that is a leading provider of safety training and consulting. You’ll be expected to learn and understand our software and our products, and present to senior safety professionals in a way that makes new partnerships a no-brainer! We’re a family-owned company, so we also expect you to carry yourself in a way that reinforces Danatec’s brand as a leading provider with decades of expertise – but with an approachable and unpretentious style that makes us a joy to work alongside.
If you’re the right person for this role – we shouldn’t need to tell you what to do next.
Full time, Monday – Friday
Proposed start date
November 20th, 2017
October 27th, 2017
8:00 – 4:30 pm
What you'll be doing
- Actively hunting for new business through researching, cold-calling, and prospecting.
- Drive our growth in the safety industry through increased revenue and market share by increasing account spending and strategic business development.
- Maintain a sales pipeline and prepare quarterly sales reports.
- Follow up with customer inquiries that come from the Customer Experience Center and/or Inside Sales Team.
- Develop a strong understanding of safety training services offered.
- Keep up-to-date with changes in regulation for TDG and WHMIS, as well as workplace.
- Attend industry events and participate in health and safety or industry committees.
Qualities we love
- 3+ years of demonstrated success in a business development role
- Passion and desire to influence the health and safety industry
- Highly results-focused – with the ability to work autonomously in a performance-based position.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, coupled with interpersonal strengths
- Ability to effectively present information to audiences of varied sizes, including live software demos
- Well-organized and detail oriented
- Capability to proactively identify opportunities in an efficient and collaborative manner
- Strong sense of responsibility; someone who takes ownership of opportunities and sees them through
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced environment
- Someone who shares our core values:
- Random Acts of Kindness
- Embrace the Entrepreneurial Spirit
- A Fearless Pursuit of Excellence
- Customer Delight Heroes
- Honest & Empowered People
Why join Danatec?
- Competitive salary
- A thriving office culture
- 100% company-funded medical and dental benefits (for you AND your family!)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- RRSP Matching Program
- 17+ days of flexible Paid Time Off
- Sleek and shiny MacBook
- Keurig machine, to keep you highly caffeinated
- An active Social Committee and competitive House system (yes, like Harry Potter…)